These include the following:
1. To promote the study and research of tax for economic and social development.
2. To create awareness and promote the platform for citizens' education on the benefits of tax for development and good governance.
3. To engage in advocacy and promote research into tax policy, tax laws, and tax administration, and in the area of data collection, storage, analysis and statistics.
4. To collaborate with Institutions and individuals to carry out research on topical issues of development, and assist its members to obtain tax justice.
5. To promote citizens education and public enlightenment on how tax can bring development and better life to citizens through equitable distribution of public fund.